Monday, January 26, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 1: POISON IVY

Few people remember, including myself sometimes, lol, that I started as an artist first and even got my BA from Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia, PA. Once I got into the Indie comic biz, I stopped drawing and it's been a few years since I've done anything outside of character designs and inking. I focused on my writing. But I always wanted to get back to sketching at least. So, this year I want to challenge myself and try to do a sketch everyday. I don't plan to post them every day, but I hope to draw at least a little each day. Here is the first in what I hope will be many sketches. Now I don't claim to be a great artist, so don't slam me too much, lol, but it's a start getting my skills back up. With this post is Poison Ivy. Feel free to give me some suggestions on who to draw.

8 comments:

Ryan McLelland said...

Dude...take this the right way. I looked at this and said..."Wow...this is damn good. Who drew this? Rich drew this? No frickin' way." Yeah...it's so good I don't actually believe that you did it...

Rich B. said...

Ha! Thanks, Ryan. I'll take that as a compliment. :)
Looking forward to seeing ya at the NYC Con!

Jamie said...

i always knew you had it in you. now draw storm!!! lol

Philip Clark said...

That is seriously awesomesauce!

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Jamie and Philip. :)
Storm is in the works, Jamie.

Glamora said...

Rich-
You still draw awesome! Now draw Lucy! LOL!!

Noel said...

Wow this is my favorite. You got mad skillz! I cant imagine whats next! Oh right. Storm.... Cant wait.

Rich B. said...

Lol, why did you have to bring up Lucy? You're evil. I'm banning you from the forums, lol. Just kidding. Thanks for posting on here, Shabba.
Thanks, Noel. I actually just finished one of Storm! I'll post it soon. :)