Sunday, July 12, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 116: GRACE AND SKETCH A DAY 117: PROWLER

These two sketches were done for my friend Martin Eden over in England. Martin is another Indie creator who writes and draws his own work. His first series was called O Men and has been going on for a few years now. It's a very cool series that has been nominated for an Eagle award. And later this year, Martin plans to start his second series called Spandex. I drew these two sketches for him last week before I became burned out. I hope they came out okay.
The first is Grace from his series O Men and the second is Prowler from Spandex. I really applaud Martin for being a self-publisher. It's a lot of hard work and he's not only putting out his own stuff, but he's also doing everything on his own. Writing, drawing, inking, coloring, lettering, etc. Don't get burned out, Mart! lol. Check out Martin's work at http://www.comix.org.uk/theomen/ .

2 comments:

Mart said...

Thanks Rich! As i told you on email, Grace looks lovely and I loooove your Prowler - awesome face and fab gloves!

And omg, believe me, I have burned myself out, been there done that!! More than once. I think it comes with the territory...

Rich B. said...

So glad you like them. I have fun drawing these.
And yeah, lol, I think burning yourself out definitely comes with the territory.