Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NYCC THIS WEEKEND AND NY TIMES PANEL

Lots of stuff is happening here!! Jamie Fay, Danielle Alexis St Pierre and I have been working VERY hard to get issue #3 of Neverminds done for the show. And it's at the printers now. So, fingers cross that it looks as amazing pritned as it does on the computer screen. Jamie and Danielle really stepped it up a lot and have done the best work I've ever seen from them. Honestly, it's the best issue yet. We'll be premiering the book at NYCC (the New York Comicon) this week!

We're also premiering the second set of Drumfish figurines at NYCC. Templar from Sentinels and Samanya from Neverminds are scheduled to arrive today (I'll post pictures later!).

Right before the big NYCC show, I'll be on a panel at the New York Times. It's a diversity event for the GLBT and Allies group. They'll be discussing GLBT characters in comics and since they spotlighted Phazer from Sentinels earlier this year, they asked me to take part. It's also interesting timing as with the latest issue of Neverminds, we reveal that team member Samanya is a lesbian. It's really great to see that she is such a fan favorite and I hope this makes her even more unique and interesting to people. She's one of my favorite characters.

I'll be in Artist Alley at NYCC at tables N12 and N13 along with Jamie and Danielle. We have lots of books, prints, the figurines and original art that we'll be selling. If you're at the show, please stop by and say hello!

No comments: