Sunday, October 5, 2008

MORE REY AZRENO ART

Since I mentioned a while back that I had some ideas for doing a story on Jesse, Lightbringer and Prophet, from the SENTINELS series, along with Rey Arzeno, I thought I'd post this sketch Rey sent me a while back. He just did it to start to get a feel for the characters. I think he got them dead on! Jesse is still a smartass, Lightbringer looks annoyed with him and Prophet seems to be the peacemaker that keeps them killing each other (or mainly keeping Lightbringer from giving Jesse a beating, lol). Above is the first quick sketch Rey did and the more detailed version he sent after below it. Pretty amazing, huh? We won't get to this for a while, when both Rey and I have the time. But I'm looking forward to working on it. It'll probably be the main part of a second SENTINELS Anthology. Thoughts?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol jesse looks great!!! great expression!!! he looks really cocky!

Rey said...

Thanks Jamie! No pun intended?

Anonymous said...

Jesse looks evil there and Parres kinda has a Indian vibe. I miss the short Cloud Strife haircut. Jesse hand is kinda inappropriately placed there.

Anyway still looks good. Love the character designs aside from Parres' hair.:D

Rich B. said...

Lol, yeah, Jesse's hand is totally inappropriate. That fits with his character I think though. He's an ass. The challenge will be to make him heroic. :)
I like Parres's hair. I think it gives him a different look. Of course, all of this can and might totally change as we develop.

Anonymous said...

There's a ton of stories about jerks becoming heroes. Watch 80% of the anime out there for inspiration.

Rich B. said...

I guess that was a bad example, lol. I don't want Jesse's story to be like an Anime story. Not that I don't like Anime, lol. I want it to be something unique.

Rey said...

I think he's already a hero Rich. A young wise ass hero with some life learning to go. A few years will have passed and he'll have to put all that training to use.
It's probably more of a coming of age story than an anime jerk going hero.
As far as the Jesse/Parres relationship goes; none of this is written in stone, and maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that Jesse would get a kick out of Parres' short fuse in particular. Saving the shenanigans for their time together. Again, I can be totally alone in that, but it sounds family fun to me.

PS Hell-
Anime hair and I don't get along well together. I can deal if I HAVE to, but otherwise I'd rather not.
Also, if I had to choose between a big ol'magical glowing sword and a dinky spit straw...I'd be packin the glow all the way. Dr. Manhattan style. ;P LOL

Rich B. said...

Totally agree with you Rey on the Parres/Jesse relationship. He would definately do things just to drive him a little crazy. I think their mentor/apprentice relationship will be fun to explore.