Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BOLT BY ZIGGY BLUMENTHAL

I'm back from the Baltimore Comicon and I had a GREAT time there. It was a short convention though and I really wish it was longer. I got to see and hang with a lot of people I haven't seen in a while and the crowd was super friendly and nice. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and purchased SENTINELS and checked out the NEVERMINDS previews. It was a blast seeing everyone. I didn't get a lot of sketches this time, because I was really busy at the table, but what I did get was an awesome haul. The first sketch I'm posting is by my buddy, Ziggy Blumenthal. Ziggy is responsible for the Indie comics; Operation Pajama Pants, Sidekicked and Chris Wnuk:Secret Jew. I really love Ziggy's art and sense of humor and wanted to get a sketch from him for a long time. I made sure to have him draw something this time and couldn't be happier with the results. I don't know how he thought of doing what he did, but it's funny, lol, and I don't have anything like this in my sketchbooks. I like when artists do something different. And this sketch is only a little taste of Ziggy's work. But don't take my word for it, check out Ziggy work at www.fakemccoy.com and see for yourself. Be aware that some of it is adult humor though, especially Cornerkicked. You've been warned, lol! Thanks again for the hilarious sketch, Ziggy!

5 comments:

Ziggy said...

Thanks for the kind words dude. I'm gonna get you in my sketchbook too one of these days.

Rich B. said...

My pleasure, Ziggy. I love the sketch you did. It's awesome! And I'll totally do a sketch in your pajama sketchbook next time I see you. :)

Rich B. said...

Boy, lol, I just realized how odd it sounded that I said your "pajama sketchbook" lol. For those reading this, most people have a theme to their sketchbooks, I get characters from my series Sentinels and the soon to be released Neverminds. Some get JLA characters, some X-Men, some Avengers, etc. Everyone has their own thing. Ziggy gets characters drawn in his sketchbook wearing pajama pants. It's because he has a comic called "Operation Pajama Pants", hence the pajama sketchbook comment, lol. I just wanted to be clear on that. :)

Jamie said...

lol you guys are crazy, but i think ziggy is a bit more crazy lol . but thats why we like him :D

Rich B. said...

There's no contest. Ziggy is def crazier. lol.