Friday, June 10, 2011

READ IT! ANDREA GRANT'S MINX

It's been a while since I've done a "read it" plug on here (September 2010 to be exact, lol), but I have been reading a lot of new books that I really enjoy and want to share them with people. The first of which is Andrea Grant's "Minx". I've known Andrea for a long time now and when she started I was able to give her whatever advice I could. She didn't need much though, because she hit the ground running when she started and published her first issue of Minx. It wasn't long after the first original issue #1 came out that Andrea met NEVERMINDS colorist and super-artist, Rey Arzeno. After working with him for a while, Andrea decided to revamp Minx and start over. This time with Rey as the artist and publishing through a new company called Ardden. The results are really amazing and the story and art have never been better. Filled with supernatural and Native American themes, Minx is a unique and interesting start to what I believe will be an exciting story. The main character awakes after being in a coma, only to find much time has passed and things are no longer the same. She is torn between the real world we all live in and the dream world where she spent so much time. Rey's beautiful rendition of the title character (and writer) is on the level of Adam Hughes and Terry Dodson in my opinion. I'm sure before he knows it, Rey will be drawing a book for DC and Marvel (just like I predicted for Luciano and Jamie, lol. And Luciano already is!). I believe comics need more strong female characters who have their own books and Minx is definitely one of those. Find out more about Minx at www.copiousamounts.com/minx .

4 comments:

Noel said...

I cant wait to read it. Great review!

TL said...

I've got the first issue and can't wait to read it - but I just got notification from DCB Services that issues 2, 3, and 4 that I had pre-ordered are being cancelled - I hope that doesn't mean we won't be seeing them, as that would be extremely disappointing...

Rich B. said...

Yeah, I was just informed that Diamond cancelled the pre-orders and issues 2, 3 and 4 have to be resolicated due to production issues. Still, I'm looking forward to reading them when they come out and seeing where the story goes!

Thoughtz25 said...

Looks interesting! I look forward to checking it out. Thanks for spreading the word...