Thursday, December 1, 2011

READ IT: THE GOD MACHINE

I'm a big fan of DeviantArt and a while back Chanda Free's amazing art caught my eye. I immediately started following her on DeviantArt and was excited to see her first book (which she had been working on for a few years) was coming out. Fast forward to the 2011 Wizard World Philly Con, and I saw that Chanda was schedule to be there. I found her table (one aisle away from mine) before the show even opened and introduced myself and got a copy of "The God Machine"! Just looking at the cover and interior art, you know this is a different type of book. The art is truly beautiful and powerful in tones and design. Published by Archaia Studios Press, "The God Machine" is a nicely bound hardcover comic that is "a modern dark fairy tale that deals with one boy's immediate reality changing into something fantastical". There are monsters, secret organizations, romance and adventure all mixed together in a dark setting that leaves you wanting more of this world. It also has a good deal of humor in it. It's rare that you find a great mix of story and art that totally sings it's own story, but that's just what "The God Machine" does. If you're looking for something different and new to read, I highly recommend this book! Check out http://www.spookychan.com/ to learn more about Chanda and "The God Machine"!

No comments: