Thursday, June 14, 2012

INDIE CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT BY TRAVIS PERKINS

For some reason, Phazer from SENTINELS is getting a lot of love lately. In addition to appearing in the NY Times GLBT promo poster, Phazer was recently drawn by artist, Travis Perkins as part of his Indie Comic Team-Up pic! Travis is a follow artist on Deviant Art and submitted this picture to our Deviant group (or I wouldn't have seen it!). Here's what Travis had to say about the piece:

"My tribute to some of my favorite indy comics. After the last time I saw the Avengers movie, I though: How cool would it be to see a team-up of a bunch of small print/indy characters! And this is my shot at it. I really hope I did these guys justice."

The characters are, from left to right:
Karic (Mice Templar) - created by Bryan J. L. Glass and Michael Avon Oeming
Jack Fortune (Afterlife Inc.) - created by Jon Lock
Hope Sage, AKA Telepath (The Uniques) - created by Comfort Love and Adam Withers
Beatrice “Bea” Whaley (Dreamer) - created by Lora Innes
Phazer (Sentinels) - created by Rich Bernatovech and Luciano Vecchio
Raina (Rainbow In The Dark) - created by Comfort Love and Adam Withers

I really love when I get pleasant surprises like this and see that someone has noticed the hard work of independent comic creators! This is a great group of characters created by talented writers and artists. I'm honored to have my and Luciano Vecchio's character included along with them.
BIG SHOUT-OUT to Travis Perkins for doing this drawing! Not only do I like it because of Phazer's inclusion, but also because it's a darn amazing peice of art!!!!
Please check out more of Travis's art at http://www.travisthegeek.deviantart.com/ .

All characters (c) their respective owners!

No comments: