Tuesday, August 12, 2014

SENTINELS ANTHOLOGY #2 SPOTLIGHT: JEFFREY S. STREETER

I first met Jeffrey S. Streeter at a comic convention and was immediately impressed by his preparation for getting sketches. I’d never seen someone so organized about getting commissions before. Jeff even has a reference book for artists to use that is complete with multiple alphabetized variant costumes of each character. As probably the biggest Titans fan I’ve ever met, Jeff’s collection of original art is beyond compare. Seriously, I don’t know how he does it, but he gets the most amazing sketches from artists and he gets them with ease. Maybe it’s because Jeff is such a naturally likable guy that even someone like me can’t help but become friends with him.  In fact, when I first met Jeff, I walked away thinking I’ve known him for years.
I quickly realized that’s all part of Jeff’s evil plan. How else can you believe that the die-hard Titans fan is also a prominent forensic investigator? Or that he and his partner have their own company focused on developing creator-owned content for print, stage and screen? And that the company is (not surprisingly) called Evil Mastermind, LLC! It all makes sense.
It also made me believe that Jeff is a creative guy and with his background and credentials, he’d be the perfect mastermind to write the Agent Huggins story in the second SENTINELS Anthology. As I mentioned before, Agent Huggins is an important character to me for personal reasons and I wanted to make sure she was handled by creators who would get her right. I was very happy when Jeff agreed to write the story and even happier once I read the script he turned in! In just 10 pages, Jeff was able not only captured Agent Huggins’ character, but he was able to recapped her entire history, give her depth by revealing her relationship with other characters (good and bad) and tell an exciting and interesting story that moves the character forward. Seriously, I couldn’t ask for a better story for Agent Huggins!
I’m extremely proud of the story Jeff and Sasha have created for such an important character in the SENTINELS universe! And I can’t thank them enough for being involved in the book.
Please follow Jeff on twitter at https://twitter.com/EMLLC00

And check out some of the amazing sketches Jeff has gotten in his collection over the years at http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=40361

No comments: