Friday, April 18, 2008

NEW YORK COMIC CON 2008 DAY 1

So, the New York Comic Con started today! Overall the con was a lot of fun. Joining me to help out is Jamie Fay, Leonor Mamanna and Noel Short. From 10-3 it was just professionals and totally slooooow. I'll never understand why they have it that the general public can't come in with everyone else, but what do I know. And they use the word "professional" fast and loose. I know many people who got in early under the title "professional" but really aren't. I guess just saying that you're with a publication, or podcast or magazine is good enough. Next year I hope they open it early to everyone. The more the better in my eyes.

We have a great location in Artist Alley at table B29/B30. We're next to Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani, the creators of Tiny Titans from DC. Art is working on a drawing of all the 3rd Gen SENTINELS for me. I can't believe it, but he's only charging a dollar a character. Crazy, right? They're very cute sketches and I hope to post them on Sunday. Also I have another commission from Amanda Conners coming. Can't wait to see what she does tomorrow.

The crowd was a steady flow of people and there were no long lines like the last two years waiting to get in. We'll see how it is tomorrow, but hopefully the bigger space has fixed the problems they had. The space for the entire con this year is MUCH better. I walked around a few times and still haven't seen everything.

Many local and familiar comic folks where there, like James Rodriguez, Andrea Grant and Melvin Ylagan, as well as creators from outside the city like Andrew Charipar (artist on Serpenta's story for the SENTINELS Anthology).

Above is a quick pic of Jamie, Noel and I taken at the con. Why does my head look so big? That's the last time I lean into a picture. Leonor wasn't feeling so well, so no pic of her today, lol. I'm gonna snap one of her tomorrow whether she likes it or not. :P

Thanks to everyone who stopped by today!

Much more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLT CRAP!!!! ATTACK OF THE HEAD!!!! lol your head doesn't look big! you are crazy. i had alot of fun this weekend. it was great we sold so many books!

Rich B. said...

LOL, Yeah, this pic makes up for the one from Megacong where you look so happy. NOT!
Glad you had fun at the Con this weekend. It was really great.