Sunday, November 23, 2008

HAMLET BY CHRIS MORENO

Here is one of my favorite sketches I got at the last Con. It's one of the lesser known characters from SENTINELS, Hamlet, and I think that's why I like it so much. The artist is Chris Moreno and when I happened to see him sketching away at the Con, his art really caught my eye. I looked through his work and after talking to him for a bit, I realized that he was the artist on SIDEKICK. SIDEKICK is an awesome book that I really enjoyed. I highly recommend it, especially if you looking for something different and funny. Chris has also drawn Dracula Vs. King Arthur, another great book with a completely different style and tone. I knew Chris would draw something unique for me, so I gave him a copy of SENTINELS and let him pick who he wanted to draw. His choice of Hamlet really surprised me and I think he did an amazing job on him. Next time I see Chris at a Con, I'm definitely getting another sketch from him! Check out more of Chris work at http://www.chrismoreno.deviantart.com/ .

6 comments:

Philip Clark said...

Moreno is a machine. That looks awesome.

Hellstormer said...

Hamlet has never looked more badass. I can see him just belting out an angry Shakespearean quote.

Rich B. said...

Yeah, Chris is awesome, Philip. I really like his work and how he really seems to love what he is doing.
I agree with you, Keefer. Hamlet does look badass here, lol. I love the addition of the spirits behind him too.

Anonymous said...

this piece is awesome. i kinda mad i didn't anything from him but i was out of money lol. nyc con i guess.

hamlet was a nice surprise to see!

Rich B. said...

You should get something from him at the NYC Con in Feb. :)

Noel said...

I love the ghosts or whatever in the background, very creepy