Tuesday, October 6, 2009

STILL TRUCKING ALONG

So, it's been a while since I posted any previews or talked about anything other than my sketches. And there's a reason for that, but I just wanted to say that just because I haven't been posting too much stuff here, it doesn't mean we're not working on things. We're working like crazy.
First, NEVERMINDS is looking even better than ever. Jamie Fay and Rey Arzeno are doing amazing work and as long as the work keeps looking so great, I'm not going to rush them. But trust me, it'll be worth the wait.
ROACH (the project I'm working on with Teyo) is going to be really different. Teyo is over half way through the art and it's so cool and creepy. I can't wait to get it out there.
Then there's CURSED (formerly Caspian Curses) that I am working on with Luciano Vecchio, Luciano finally has his schedule clear and knowing how incredibly fast he is, I'm sure it'll be done in no time. Again, it'll be a totally different type of book and well worth the wait.
After all that, and as I mentioned a few times on here, there is the 2nd SENTINELS Anthology. We got some GREAT new talent that I know is going to wow people and the story for the book should please a lot of different readers of SENTINELS.
So, why no previews lately? Well, first, I don't wait to keep teasing people. I appologize for that. I'm excited that next year there will be a LOT of new things from Drumfish, but better not to keep posting too much until they are out. Make sense? And secondly, it seems that whenever I post something about what I'm working on or who is working on something with me, shady things seem to happen. Ideas taken. Artists offered other work. So, for now I'm not posting or mentioning who is working on what outside of what has been posted. Sorry, but that's just the way it's going to be. Sometimes I get so comfortable with creators and people that I forget this is a business and obviously, I forget that it's a dog eat dog business, lol.
So, hopefully whoever is reading this can just enjoy the sketches and my sketch a day pics for now and just hang in there a little longer until all the books are done.

5 comments:

Hellstormer said...

People stealing ideas and artists!? That's horrible. I didn't know the independent comic field was so competitive. I can't wait to see the new stuff though. I'm really intrigued by Roach. Creepy art? Is this heading towards the horror area cause that would be awesome.

Rich B. said...

Nah, it's all part of the biz actually. Like I said, I just forget sometimes and I'm too trusting. But no more. lol.
And yeah, Roach is turning out really different. I'd say it's kind of horror comedy more than horror. I'm not a blood and gore fan, but I definitely like scarey or creepy movies and books.

Anonymous said...

Rich its understandable that you need to watch yourself. Sucks but totally understandable.

Jamie said...

yeah. this sucks. especially when it comes from people you trusted and thought highly of. it just makes you go back to the old saying to never judge a book by it cover.

Rich B. said...

Trusted, yes. Thought highly of? LOL, no. But I get what you mean. :)