Monday, December 21, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 355: METAMORPHO

I have to say that the last few sketches have gone much easier and been a lot more fun to work on. I think that's because I'm working larger and not killing myself to get the entire body in. I also think they're looking better too, lol. Metamorpho is a character that's been on my list for a while now and I wanted to get to him because he represents a nice period in 60s DC history. Created by Bob Haney (who also created Doom Patrol and Metal Men) and drawn by Ramona Fradon (longtime artist on Aquaman), Metamorpho was supposed to be a light-hearted parody book, but I think the character is a little tragic. Still, he's a great character with a long history in the DC universe. He was the second hero to ever turn down membership in the JLA and one of the charter member of the Outsiders where he finally found a home. They updated him a while back, but I prefer his classic look, so that's the way I drew him.

2 comments:

Hellstormer said...

I love Metamorpho, but I never knew he was suppose to be a parody. A parody of what? Anyway this is a great sketch. I love the different textures you put on him and the gaseous aura that commonly surrounds him.

Rich B. said...

Glad you liked this one, Keefer. I had fun with the different textures and stuff. As for him being a parody, he was supposed to be a parody of the weird and odd characters that were created in the 60s.