Thursday, December 31, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 365: POISON IVY

Here it is! My final sketch for my year long "sketch a day" project! I can't believe I'm finally finished. How crazy was it that I did this? lol. VERY! But I'm really glad I did it and I truly learned a lot. I decided to draw the first character I did for this project, Poison Ivy, over again and think it turned out well. Just compare the first one http://drumfishproductions.blogspot.com/2009/01/sketch-day-1-poison-ivy.html to this new one. Big change! Thanks to everyone who continued to check out these sketches as I did them through the year. I appreciate all the support and encouragement you've shown and I'm really excited to put my new trained skills to work! 2010 should be an interesting year and I can't wait to get started on new projects and FINALLY finish ones that have been in the works for what feels like forever. Thanks again, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the sketches and hope you all have a Happy New Years Eve!!! Don't party too much. Uh, nevermind, lol, that's what I plan to do. :)

6 comments:

Philip Clark said...

What a great texture the leaves make. This is fantastic. I've really enjoyed watching your process and evolution on these, Rich. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Great job Rich! Things have progressed rather nicely! Have a great new year and good luck on all the projects you have planned!!

Bob

Philosopher's Mess said...

Really cool! I just found your blog recently, I liked the first Ivy sketch too! You should keep doing them!

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Philp! And thanks for all the support over the year. Sometime I think it was only you checking out the blog here, lol. Hope 2010 is a good one for you and Christie! May is going to be exciting for ya!

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Bob! I appreciate hearing that. :) Best to you in the new year too! The big day must be close now! Hope to see you in Pitts this year, but I know you might be busy, lol.

Rich B. said...

Hi Philosopher! Thanks for the comments. I totally plan to keep drawing. I just don't plan to do it every day, lol. I want to get back and focus on making comics again. But I will definitely still be drawing and posting. I'm looking forward to doing better work now that I don't have to have a sketch finished within a day. Hopefully they'll be more detailed and designed better. :) Thanks again and Happy New Year!