Monday, July 25, 2011

ALANIS MUNROE BY GEORGE PEREZ

This sketch of Alanis Munroe, from NEVERMINDS, is the last sketch I got at the 2011 Pittsburgh Comicon and it was done by the maestro himself, George Perez! It's no secret that George has been a big influence into my comic life and anytime I'm able to catch up with him or get a commission, I jump at it. This time was especially nice as, later in the show, George came around and chatted with me at my table for a little while. He stopped and looked at all the books I've done and said to the people around how proud he was of me and how great it was to see Drumfish's second series out. It was really great to hear him say that and it made my day. After the comments I got from Phil Jimenez, this sent me over the top, lol. Since I had gotten all of the SENTINELS team drawn by George in the past and he drew Samanya from NEVERMINDS at Megacon this year, I figured I should get another of the main characters from that team. I decided on Alanis this time and I love his rendition of her. She looks beautiful. Her eyes draw you right in! Then again, that's no surprise, George makes every character look amazing!

No comments: