Friday, November 13, 2009

ELECTRON BY JEREMIAH WITKOWSKI

Here is the last (but not least!) sketch I got while at the Pittsburgh Comic Con this year. Electron was drawn by Jeremiah Witkowski. Jeremiah was sitting down a few tables from some friends of mine and his work caught my eye. He was actually doing a color sketch on color paper that looked really sweet. I like the animated style of his work and his use of color pencils. They give his characters a unique feel to them. I did have the hardest time remembering his name though, lol. I remember faces and where people were sitting at the con. And usually that's enough for me to remember the person's name when I see their signature on the sketch. I also usually always try to get a business card. But this time I forgot. And look at this signature! There's no way I could figure out a name from that, lol. But, thanks to Facebook (and Lauren Perry, who took so many pictures at the con and posted them!) I was able to find out Jeremiah's proper name. Check out Jeremiah's webcomic at http://www.youmeandsteve.com/ .

3 comments:

Hellstormer said...

This is so slick, I remember you showing it to me. It makes me think of the Disney cartoons from the 90s.

Rich B. said...

Lol, hadn't even realized that, but it does totally look like a Disney cartoon character. Sweet!

jerms said...

I really really wish I could take credit for this but, alas I can't. However I can direct you to the real artist. Nate Lovett. He sat next to me at the midohio con, and all I could do was stare in awe at his art. Here's his stuff http://raede.deviantart.com/
laters.