Thursday, November 19, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 305: AMETHYST

Amethyst was a unique series published by DC Comics in the 80s. In an aim to get more female readers as well as diversify their universe of character, DC first published Amethyst as a 12 issue maxi-series. It was an interesting time at DC back then and a lot of great books came out that still are looked upon greatly today. I think Amethyst is definitely one of them. Even today over 20 years later, she still has a huge fanbase and I had a lot of requests to add her to my list. Maybe it's time DC did something with the character again? As for this sketch, I wasn't wild about the face I gave her. I think it's a little off and not exactly what I was hoping for. But still, I like this one.

2 comments:

Philip Clark said...

Dude, I've been meaning to catch up on my comments. You're just a sketching machine. I've really enjoyed this last batch of art. Keep it up!

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Philip! Yeah, a lot of these I've had pencilled out but hadn't gotten around to inking them. Trying to get fully caught up here.