Sunday, April 26, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 63: LUSIPHUR

This sketch is of the main character, Lusiphur, from the Indie Comic Poison Elves. I had always seen ads and read things about Poison Elves since I started reading comics, but I didn't try it out until a few years ago. Every so often I roam around my local comic store looking for something new to read and I came upon Poison Elves and figured I give it a try. I bought the first trade (which is huge!) and quickly feel in love with the series. I immediately got the other trades and eagerly awaited the next volume. The series was created, written and drawn by Drew Hayes. It was a one-man show and he did an awesome job at keeping readers attention. Sadly, as I awaited the next trade to come out, Drew passed away. His death was a huge lost for the Indie comic scene and even though I never had the opportunity to meet him, I did and will always admire him. It's hard work to self-publish, but it's even harder work to write and draw it too. But that's exactly what Drew did and I have wanted to at least do a pin-up of his main character, Lusiphur, as a tribute to him and all his work. If you're looking for something new and interesting to read, check out Poison Elves at [link]

7 comments:

Noel said...

Hmmm i never heard of this, the sketch is great, i'm intrigued, you have never steered me wrong yet.

Rich B. said...

Thanks! Glad you like the sketch. :)
I'm not sure if the series would be exactly your style, Noel. I mean, I liked it and think it's good, but it's a little more Indie than other stuff I've thrown your way. Still good though.

Noel said...

Oh what you think i cant handle the indy stuff? OH you think i only read the comics you tell me about?!??! oh it's SO ON!!

OMG! the word verification for this is UBATCH LOL!

Rich B. said...

No, I think you can handle it, lol. It's just different then most Indie books. It's a little out there. Still, I like it a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

This was a good series. It is quite edgy but good. Lots of violence and sex thrown in it.


Bob

Rich B. said...

Yeah, like I said to Noel, I don't know if the series is for everyone but I loved it. Also, I would love to have seen what Drew what have done next with everything.

Anonymous said...

Yeah me too

Bob