Monday, May 11, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 75: BLINK

Blink is an interesting character to me. She first appeared in X-Men as one of the characters that would later become GenX and she sacrificed herself to save everyone else. Then during the Age Of Apocalypse, she reappeared but was the Blink from that reality. When that storyline ended the AoA universe was destroyed and she died again. But the character proved to be so popular that she was brought back yet again. This time in Exiles written by Judd Winnick. Now, I'm not a fan of Winnick's at all. Believe me, I think he takes the easy road too much and does things just to stir up controversy so he can get attention. It's all hype and rarely makes sense in his stories. BUT, lol, I think that he was kickass on Exiles. I really enjoyed it and thought it was his best work. So, basically, in my eyes, lol, Blink is a character that keeps coming back over and over even though she shouldn't and she was written best by a writer I who's not a fav of mine. I have no idea why I still like her. Anyway, lol, here's Blink as my latest "Sketch A Day".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like Blink as well!! Great pic, I also like your introductions of the characters.


Bob

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Bob!

Jamie said...

blink is a fave of mine! you totally did her justice!!

Rich B. said...

Glad you like her. :) Thanks.