Friday, October 30, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 271-276: VERTIGO CHARACTERS

As I'm getting closer and closer to 365 sketches and the end of the year, I'm realizing there are a lot of great characters that I still haven't drawn. So, I've made a list and I'm going to try to get to as many of them as I can. I decided I needed to draw some of the Vertigo big guns, so here are Constantine, Lucifer, Preacher, Yorick (Y the Last Man), Swamp Thing and the original Sandman. I tried combining my smoother, cleaner style with my sketchy looser style with these. I like the way most of them turned out (except Preacher).

4 comments:

Hellstormer said...

Hellblazer looks awesome! Great job on these.

Philip Clark said...

I love all of these, and ironically enough the Preacher sketch is my fave.

Jamie said...

these turned out great, rich! i love the blending of your clean and sketchy styles! i think you just found a new style to push forward with!

Rich B. said...

Thanks, guys. Glad you like them. I'm having fun playing with my style now. The vertigo characters just felt right to draw like this.