Wednesday, January 27, 2010

ANOTHER COMMISSION

Here's another commish I got by writer and colorist extraordinaire, Noel Short. This is Gundred from his series he's working on called Breakers. It's a great story that I had the chance to read some of and I can't wait to see it progress!It's going to be great. I'm not a big fan of profiles views, but I decided to draw Gundred looking up toward the surface of the water. I figured this fits a lot into the story and also if Noel decides to color this, hint hint, lol, it'll give him lots to fun with the light source. Hope ya like it, Noel!

7 comments:

Noel said...

Seriously!? OMG this is so Amazing i'm actually typing this with a little bit of a tear in my eye. This sketch is Fantastic. it's actually right out of a scene from the book when he Breaches the surface for the very first time. It captures the mood and feel perfectly, And i dont think i even showed you that scene witch is freaky!!! Rey has been doing such a great job with the concept sketches of the other main characters, But it's been so long since i have seen a new pic of Gundred. I must say, I am Thrilled!

Colorist Extraordinar?! Oh Stop... Well i hope to be one day. But i am sure gonna color the heck outta this one. I cant wait! I may start today!

I love it

Hellstormer said...

O wow so this series is going ahead? I remember hearing a little bit about him and it sounded interesting. When do you figure it will be out?

Anyway, great sketch Rich. You can see a lot of determination in the face.

Rich B. said...

I'm really glad you liked this, Noel! I had a blast drawing it and hope I did ya proud. :)
And yeah, Keefer, they're working on it and trying to obtain some backers. Rey Azreno is doing art for them and what I've seen looks great. Glad ya liked this sketch. :)

Bob said...

Looks great. I want to see this pic colored!!

Rich B. said...

Me too! Noel actually is working on it now and showed me a sneak preview. It looks good!! :)

Bob said...

Thats excellent. Cant wait!

Rich B. said...

I'll have to bug Noel to post his website on here. Unfortunately, I can't remember it right now. Doh!