Saturday, October 16, 2010

NYC COMICON REPORT

Wow! What a week. I still haven't caught up on my sleep from last week's NYCC. To say it was busy would be an understatement. I actually think it was one of the busiest conventions I've ever been to, outside of the time I went to San Diego and had a table there with Luciano Vecchio. After the convention, I had to go straight back to work, so my sleep was really all over the place. That's why I haven't written on the blog all week. But now, things are getting back to normal, so I will be posting more soon. We really had a great time at the NYCC, there were so many people there I know there's no way to mention all the great folks we met and talked to. But I want to thank them all for stopping by. We truly appreciate the support!
Of course, there was one slight disappointment in that we were not able to get the first issue of NEVERMINDS back from the printer in time for the show. It sucked, but we did have all the pages there for people to see and got some orders. We'll be posting news soon on how to order the first issue or download it.
I also sold a lot of SENTINELS books at the Con and even had to go back to get more on Saturday. It was great! Jamie Fay was doing his usually commissions and busy, busy, busy, but the big surprise was that I got commissioned to do two sketches. Lol, what were they thinking? Seriously though, it was really great to do them and I had a blast. I also sold more of my art then ever before.
We also made some great contacts at the show and I can't wait until things get moving on the projects and I can share some of the stuff we have planned. For now, I have to stay mum on everything though.
Usually, I get a bunch of sketches of different SENTINELS or NEVERMINDS characters at conventions, but it was so busy, that I barely got any this time. I will post the few I got on the blog soon. But if you want to see them early, go to our the Drumfish Productions Fan Page on Facebook and hit the like button. We often post things there first, so become a fan and get to see stuff earlier. :)
I want to thank all the great people we met at the Con again and say hi to all our old friends who stopped by and chatted. You guys are the best!

4 comments:

Noel said...

I was glad to get a chance to see you guys. This was the busiest convention i have ever been to.

Rich B. said...

It was great seeing you too, Noel!!!
I wish we had more time to catch up and hope next time we get to see each other it's not during a convention and we can all relax, lol.
Totally one of the busiest Cons I've been too since San Diego. I loved it! :)

Bob said...

Sounds like you had a great and successful show!!

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Bob. Yeah, it was a nice, upbeat and super busy show. Wish they were all more like this. :)