Tuesday, November 1, 2011

FIREBOMB BY NICOLE MCDONALD

So, I have a bunch of sketches that I just haven't had time to post lately. Most of them are from earlier in the year and were gotten at various conventions. This sketch of Firebomb was drawn by Nicole McDonald at the 2011 Wizard World Philly Comicon. Before the show opened I was walking around the convention floor a little and as I walked by a table, I heard someone say something about Tyler School of Art. That caught my ear because I went to Tyler School of Art for my Bachelor's Degree. I stopped and asked the group of people if they went to Tyler and three of them said yes. It turned out that they had just graduated and it was there first convention selling their art. Even more odd was that their table was directly behind mine and then the artists one row over where also from Tyler too. Of course this meant I had to get a sketch from one of them. Nicole McDonald decided to draw Firebomb from SENTINELS in exchange for me drawing an original character of hers. I really liked what she did and was happy to have a Tyler Alumni in my sketchbook now!

No comments: