Thursday, June 14, 2012

PHAZER APPEARS ON NY TIMES GLBT POSTER

I mentioned a while back that Phazer from SENTINELS was chosen to appear in a promotional poster for the NY Times GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender) Celebration. The poster features numerous gay and lesbian comic characters (Northstar, Mystique and Karma from Marvel Comics and Batwoman from DC Comics) and they wanted to include a lesser known independent comic character in the mix. Phazer was submitted to a commitee (without my knowledge) and chosen as the independent representation. I'm very proud to have him included in this group and help to promote acceptance and equality in the world and I'm also very happy that NEVERMINDS artist, Jamie Fay, was asked to do the art for all of the comic characters. His art looks amazing! When SENTINELS was first created, a very conscious decision was made to make a diverse team of characters that represented the people I surround myself with in life, so it's very cool to see this poster in the NY Times cafeteria for the entire month of June!

No comments: