Friday, March 28, 2014

2014 MEGACON REPORT

This past weekend I attended Megacon in Florida along with NEVERMINDS artist, Jamie Fay! We love this convention and look forward to it each year. This year in particular, we REALLY wanted to visit Florida because the winter in NYC has been extreme! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a winter with so much snow since I moved to NYC over 20 years ago! It’s been crazy. So, getting to relax in the sun and warmth was amazing! Megacon was in a different hall this year and the layout was also slightly different. I was told different reasons why this was, but it was obvious to me there were a lot more people at the convention this year. So, maybe that had something to do with it too? Whatever the reasons, it was an exciting show! Friday, the first day was a little slow for me, but Jamie had his commission list filled within the first hour. He was banging out some amazing sketches the entire weekend and had to turn people away due to so many requests. On Saturday and Sunday, I was slammed busy and sold out of all Sentinels and Neverminds books that we had brought. Bugged wasn’t as big a seller, but it’s a different type of story and can be a bit much for some people because it falls under a more mature theme. But my prints were selling incredibly well and I was very happy that people enjoyed them too! I want to thank all the old and new friends we have made at Megacon. We really love interacting with fans and talking comics with everyone. I especially want to thank Andrew, Kam, Korey and Stacey for stopping by and always being such big supporters of Drumfish and special thanks to David and Todd for helping with the heavy boxes of books I sent to them before the show!
Here's a cute picture of a girl cosplaying as Death (from DC Comic's Sandman series) holding my Death print that she bought from me. 
Our next show is Awesome Con in Washington D.C.! We hope to see you there.

No comments: