Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ROBUST BY ROB REILLY

I've known Rob Reilly for a few years now, meeting him at the first Pittsburgh Comic Con I went to. At the time he was promoting his book, CONVENTION CONFESSIONAL, which focused on creators at a comic convention as they tried to sell their book. I really loved the book and thought it was funny. Also, Rob's art really stood out. He has a great animated style that bring the characters he draws to life.

Finally this year, I was able to get a sketch from Rob and asked him to draw whoever he liked from one of the SENTINELS books. To my surprise, he was the first artist to draw one of the first generation SENTINELS. He picked Robust. And honestly (though I hate to admit it, lol) I thought it was Cursher at first. It wasn't until Jamie Fay looked at it and said "Cool. He drew one of the first gen.", that I realized I it was Robust. Some creator I am not recognizing one of my own characters! lol.
Check out more of Rob's work at http://www.skatoonproductions.blogspot.com/ .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Robust I love that guy.

Rich B. said...

Yeah, it was pretty cool that he drew him. :)