Thursday, March 19, 2009

WICKKID BY AMANDA CONNER

Anyone who has been following this blog knows that one of my favorite artists is Amanda Conner. I really love Amanda's style and energy. She's a very underrated artist in my opinion. She should be on more of those "top artist" lists. She's one of the nicest, coolest people I've met at any convention. She's currently working on the new Powergirl series that DC will be launching soon and I'm really looking forward to it. As I did with the 2nd Gen SENTINELS and getting George Perez to draw each of them, I plan to get Amanda to draw all the 3rd Gen SENTINELS. It will take a while, but hopefully it'll happen. Until now, she's only drawn the girls so I actually asked her to draw one of the guys this time. I really love her interpretation of Wickked. She gave him some attitude, saying that he looked "dicky", lol. She really got his character I think. Following Amanda's art and projects at http://www.amandaconner.com/ .

2 comments:

Jamie said...

this is one of my favs!!! he turned out great!!

Rich B. said...

Yeah, I totally agree. She puts a lot of the kids personality into these. I can't even decide which I like best, lol.