Sunday, July 19, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 120: CASCADE

When I started this "sketch a day" project, I decided that I wouldn't draw any of the SENTINELS for it. I figured I had drawn them enough. Over the course of the four years Luciano and I had worked on the book, I probably inked each character a few hundred times and drawn them a lot before that too. I was kind of sick of them, lol. But recently, it occurred to me that I had never drawn or even inked any of the 3rd Gen SENTINELS. The only time I had drawn them was when I first sketched them out when I came up with the idea for the series. And the characters hardly resemble those first rough sketches. So, what the heck, I'm drawing the 3rd Gen SENTINELS, lol. Here's the first of them, Cascade (BoBo) who was one of my favs and the most fun to draw.

6 comments:

Mart said...

It'd be nice to see your original sketches for the 3rd Gen Sentinels and compare them to how the ended up.

Rich B. said...

They're on here somewhere. Just not sure where, lol. I think back in the first few months when I started this blog.

Noel said...

Fantastic! I was hoping you would get to these guys. Bobo was one of my faves as well. you did a great jreat job on All of em. it's nice to see them again.

Rich B. said...

Sorry, Noel, I missed this reply before. Doh! Glad you liked the 3rd Gen. They were a lot of fun to do and it made me miss them. I'd never drawn them before so it was weird drawing them for the 1st time.

Jamie said...

oh bobo!!! she's so cute!

Rich B. said...

Lol, she is, isn't she. :)