Friday, July 31, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 131: ROGUE

One of my favorite X-characters has always been Rogue. I liked her ever since Chris Claremont added her to the team in the 80s. She's gone through a lot of changes as a character since then and even more changes in costume, lol. (Wasn't wild about her "iconic" look that they used in the 90s cartoon, ugh, headband). I always thought she looked best in green and white and liked the recent costume she had with the hood. So, I decided to draw that version for her. Just a quick sketch, but I think it turned out okay.

7 comments:

Philip Clark said...

Diggin' it!

Rich B. said...

Glad you like her, man. :)

Mart said...

Whatever happened to Rogue - and Storm for that matter? They just ain't the same as they used to be. And as for Storm marrying Black Panther - tut!

Rich B. said...

Rogue is still around, Mart. In fact, I think she was just actually cured somehow and can now control her powers. And Storm is now back with the X-Men. Black Panther is MIA or something.

Mart said...

Oh I meant, whatver happened to them as in why did they screw the characters up so badly. Rogue used to be my fave character and now she's just boring and generic :-(
I kinda wish Storm was dead, rather than being the boring person she is these days!

Rich B. said...

Oh, lol, thought you meant where are they now. Yeah, I agree that Storm is totally screwed up and nothing like her character should be. But that doesn't surprise me. They never seem to get her right anyway, even in the movies. The only one who wrote her well was Claremont. Rogue, I'm not too sure on. Could be interesting to see where she goes now that she can control her powers. Might make for some good stories.

Rich B. said...

Thanks, Jamie. :)