Tuesday, December 29, 2009

SKETCH A DAY 361: INDIE GROUPING

During the course of this "sketch a day" project, I had a list of characters I really wanted to get to. Unfortunately, for one reason or another I never got around to all of them. Now, as I'm down to the final few, I had to make some cuts. Then it occurred to me that I could just do a grouping of some of those characters. Man, what the heck was I thinking? lol. This was more work to do then I thought. It took a long time and I'm not even sure if I like it, lol. But, I tried. Here in a George Perez style shot, are some Indie characters that were either requested or I thought were great characters that needed to be shown. Included are the Tick, Miss Victory (from FemForce), Judge Dreed, Astro Boy, the Spirit, Mr, Natural (by Crumb!), the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nexus, Miracle Man and Optimus Prime. All of these characters have a special place in Indie Comic history and I would have felt bad if I didn't try to get them in this project at least in some form.

No comments: