Thursday, June 18, 2009

RAPTURE BY CHARLIE "SPIKE" TROTMAN

Here's another of the cool sketches I got at the 2009 Mocca Con in NYC. Rapture was drawn by Charlie "Spike" Trotman. Spike (as she likes to be called) is the creator. writer and artist of the webcomic, TEMPLAR, ARIZONA. I had heard of the series before and, of course, the word TEMPLAR caught my eye because of SENTINELS, lol, but I had never had the chance to check it out. At the Con, Spike was actually selling trades of the series (3 so far) so I bought them all. Then I asked her if she was doing sketches and she graciously did one for free for me. I really love her style and think she did an awesome job on Rapture. I've only now started reading TEMPLAR, ARIZONA (finished the first trade) and already I'm hooked. It's totally different then things I've read before. It has a kind of Strangers in Paradise feel to it, but much more twisted. The fictional town is odd with lots of interesting goings on and such. The characters are very well fleshed out and three dimensional. I'm eager to see what happens next and recommend checking out the series to anyone who's looking for something different. You can read the entire webcomic for free at http://www.templaraz.com/ .

2 comments:

Jamie said...

i like how this one came out. also, you'll have to let me borrow your copies of the book.

Rich B. said...

Just ask and I'll lend them to you.