Friday, September 25, 2015

SENTINELS ANTHOLOGY #2 SPOTLIGHT ON: HOWIE NOELDECHEN

Next up in the SENTINELS Anthology spotlight is Howie Noeldechen! I’d had already written about Howie back when we had a different release date for the book. But I wanted to repost it now along with everyone else’s. It’s so typical of Howie to demand two spotlights!! Lol
I’ve known the ghost-loving, wrestle-maniac, Howie Noeldechen and his wife Shelly for a long time now. We met at MOCCA in NYC almost eleven years ago and I was impressed with his work immediately. After chatting for a bit at the show, I got all the issues of Howie’s first comic, Mr. Scootles and I fell in love with it! It was unlike anything I had read before. I loved the animated feel of the book and the fact that it played up on animation history, while adding a dark and humorous aspect to the story. I was honored when Howie asked me to write the foreword to the collected edition when it came out.
Howie went on to create Tara Normal! Tara is a paranormal investigator who faces off against demons, ghouls, werewolves, aliens and rogue government agents. The series has built a huge fanbase and Howie is the official cartoonist of TAPS Paramagazine, where Tara Normal has appeared in the publication since 2010 as well as online since 2009 at www.taranormal.com And Howie's caricatures and portraits of the TAPS team and stars of Ghost Hunters have helped raise thousands of dollars for charities benefiting the paranormal community.
So, when it came time to work on the second SENTINELS Anthology, I knew I wanted someone with a sense of humor and edge to tell Crusher’s story. And knowing that Howie loved professional wrestling, he was the only person I thought of. I couldn’t imagine anyone more suited to write Crusher’s story than Howie and can’t wait for people to read the story he wrote (and drawn by the talented, Bernce Acosta Llamo!). It will make you laugh and squirm! But then, coming from Howie, that’s exactly what I expected!
Please check out Howie’s comics, portraits and all of the amazing caricatures he’s done on his website at www.hcnoel.com

No comments: