Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ANTHOLOGY SPOTLIGHT: JAMIE FAY

Jamie Fay is the artist on the Firebomb story for the SENTINELS Anthology. What can I say about Jamie that I haven’t already? His art rocks! With his clean and fresh style, I have no doubt that one day Jamie will be drawing his dream book X-Men. I’d place money on it.

I first met Jamie at the Pittsburgh Comic Con. He was showing his portfolio and was walking by my table not intending to show me. When he stopped to look at the SENTINELS books, I asked to see the portfolio in his hand. I was glad I did. I really thought his work was great and saw the potential that is now beginning to shine. We exchanged e-mails and after chatting for over a year, we began to develop our series, NEVERMINDS.

Jamie also became a big fan of SENTINELS and especially Firebomb. In fact, it was due to Jamie’s rendition of her that Luciano even added some elements to her design in Book 4: Hope. So, when Luciano and I decided that doing a SENTINELS Anthology would be a fun idea, there was no other artist that I would have allowed to draw Firebomb’s story. I don’t think Jamie would have allow anyone else to either!

Originally from Massillon, Ohio, Jamie began his art training by taking a lot of private classes while he was high school and then by attending the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Along the way Jamie became a major X-Men fan and developed a HUGE crush on Ms. Marvel. (Don't ask him to see his Halloween costume from last year!) Determined to become a professional comic artist, Jamie recently relocated to NYC and has been attending a lot of convention and doing many sketches as he develops a following.

I feel very fortunate to have met Jamie and to be working with him. I'm also very glad we've become good friends and happy to be publishing his first printed work. His art has that classic and fun style that I love and he's developed his own voice while working on the Anthology. There are big things ahead for Jamie. I’m sure of it! You can see more of Jamie’s art at http://windriderx23.deviantart.com/ .

11 comments:

Miguel Rodrigues said...

I obviously had seen Jamie's art before but man, it always catches me by surprise, in a good way. It looks awesome Jamie. Rich, you're a very lucky guy.



I NEED MORE PREVIEWS!!!!

Rich B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich B. said...

Thanks, Miguel! I totally agree with you. :)

Miguel Rodrigues said...

Yeah, so? Dude, give me more preview pages already! Seriously, his art is excellent, it's the second time i say this about an artist these past couple of weeks, but I'd totally dig his art on Runaways... can't wait to see sequential stuff.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the great profile!!!! well..... except the the ms. marvel and the costume part!! >:O to clear the air on that, its rich's costume last year we should be talking about!!!! lol
and rich was right! if any other artist drew sammy, i would have torn them limb from limb lol. i'm hoored i got to be part of this!!! thanks yo!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the support, miguel!!! its very awesome to see i do have a following already. i hope rich aloows you to see some stuff soon, the wait will be worth it too!!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie's art is phenomenal. To be honest, i never heard of Sentinels, but knowing Jamie is involved really peaks my interest! You are very lucky to have him onboard for your Anthology. Where can i get copies of the series at?


Seth

Rich B. said...

Hey Seth, I'm glad you found this site. Yes, I totally agree, Jamie's art is awesome and his work on this Anthology and our future series, NEVERMINDS, is phenomenal.
You can get copies of SENTINELS through our website at www.sentinelsonline.com . We have all the info there on the order button at the top of the site.

Anonymous said...

wow i'm speechless lol!!!! thanks so much for the compliment. i think sentinels is an awesome series and i'm so proud to be part of the anthology. are you from deviant art seth?

thanks for the support rich! you know i trust your opinion! ;)

Rich B. said...

You've seen a lot more preview pages now, Miguel. Hope you're enjoying them!

Miguel Rodrigues said...

You know i am!