Thursday, November 29, 2007

ANTHOLOGY SPOTLIGHT: NOEL SHORT

Noel Short is the writer on Splash's story for the SENTINELS Anthology. Noel is a good and very, very old friend of mine from outside the world of comics. And by old, I mean older than me, lol. :)

But seriously, I've known Noel since before I started SENTINELS and he has been one of the people to hear all about my trails and tribulations, ups and downs and always been supportive. It was nice to have that outside view of things and I really appreciated it.

During the days when I was writing SENTINELS, Noel and I started to develope some ideas of our own for different projects and he began reading comics. Most people don't know how wide a range of comics are out there and Noel quickly got into all different types of books. (Sandman, Fables, Astonishing X-Men, Y, Preacher, Kingdom Come, Watchman). All of this inspired Noel to consider writing something of his own. When he told me this, I asked him if he wanted to try writing Splash's story for the Anthology.

Like all the creators involved, I was really happy with Noel's work. But with Noel, I was also proud because I knew it was the first time he had written something in comic form. He got Splash's character dead on and added just the right sense of humor. It's a great story and teaming him up with Ms,Shatia was perfect.

This year Noel began work on his own series BREAKERS along with Andrew Reaves. It's a retelling of the origins of Merfolk and their undersea world. Little Mermaid it isn't! I can't wait to see it come to life. I'm also hoping to revisit the project Noel and I started to develope a while back. Noel is also on Deviant Art at http://kanoely.deviantart.com/ .

4 comments:

Noel said...

Your words touch me my friend. So much in fact I will let that comment about my age go. ;o) I'm so very excited for us all.

Rich B. said...

Glad you liked it, Noel! I'm really happy you decided to be part of this! (Even at your age it's never too late to try something new, lol).

Noel said...

It is so on!

Anonymous said...

i'm just happy i don't have to fight over who's oldest out of the 3 of us!!! lol noel your story is great and the art just added to the greatness!