Wednesday, September 23, 2015

SENTINELS ANTHOLOGY #2 SPOTLIGHT ON: SASHA GLADYSH

As with Jeff Streeter's spotlight, I had already posted a spotlight on Sasha last year, but I wanted to repost this before the Anthology debuts at NYCC next month!
Sasha Gladysh is from Izhevsk, Udmurtia (Russian Federation) where she used to be a designer and newspaper illustrator. Over the last few years though, Sasha has been doing mostly freelance work on independent comics and webcomics, doing illustrations for books and video games and also working in animation. Obviously, I’ve been a fan of her work on deviantArt for a long time now. What first caught my eye about Sasha’s work was the way she draws faces. They’re very expressive and emotional. She has the ability to capture a mood perfectly with her clean and precise lines. Add to that the way Sasha colors and I believe it’s a very powerful combo!
Teaming up the right artist with the right story is often difficult. But it’s also something I put a lot of thought into. So, when I received Jeff Streeter’s story for Agent Huggins, I knew Sasha was the perfect artist to bring his words to life. Agent Huggins is an important character to me (she was based on a real person who had passed) and Sasha did not disappoint in her strong, determined and vulnerable rendition of the character.
Last I spoke with Sasha, she was working on her own animated film! And what I saw looked AMAZING!!!! Seriously, she’s drawing a movie!! I wish I had that kind of dedication and ambition. It blows me away to think of all the work she is doing for it and it looks amazing! But please don’t take my word for it, check out her blog ( http://autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/tagged/nylash-no-vumurt ) to see character designs (which are so detailed and unique!) and short animated clips. I can’t wait to see the film complete!
Please check out more of Sasha’s work on her deviantArt page at http://autumn-sacura.deviantart.com/

No comments: